Location: Our campus located near Spitalfields or remote
Role Type: Permanent, Full Time
Salary Bracket: £35,000 - £45,000
Reporting to: Delivery Manager - Dev Success
Everyone deserves a job they love. At Makers, we retrain people as software developers and kickstart their careers by placing them in tech teams across the UK.
You deserve a job you love, and we’ve got one for you.
Makers is Europe’s first and leading ‘coding bootcamp’ - where career-changers retrain as software developers. Founded in 2013, we’ve helped more than 2,200 people begin a new career in software, building long-term relationships with tech employers big and small.
We’re pretty good at what we do, according to our clients (both developers and employers), industry bodies, the press and the government. We can only get better by working with you.
The main purpose of the Developer Success team is to provide a quality learning experience that encompasses all aspects of the learner's journey.
- Training (3-month boot camp)
- Placement (at the company they are working at)
The IT Assessment team supports Placement & EPA.
What you’ll be doing
Contribute towards ensuring that our apprentices are fully supported in their placements.
- Review evidence that is submitted and ensure that they meet or is above the quality expected by EPAO.
- Provide additional support and guidance to apprentices that are struggling to formulate an evidence/portfolio or align what they are doing (from a technical viewpoint) to the standards.
- Quality assure reviews completed by colleagues as well as conducting a full and thorough final check of the portfolio before it is submitted to EPAO.
- Provide feedback and advice/guidance for employers that are engaged and contributing towards the employer reference.
- Upload final versions of the employer reference and the portfolio.
- Creation of documents that provide the starting point for apprentices to be able to create their first submissions, answering any pressing questions they might have had.
- Running webinars that are both interactive and Q&A in structure when required.
- Building support structure for apprentices that are due to undertake their interview with an appointed EPAO assessor. This would be in the form of a question bank shared with the apprentices as well as general information informing them what to expect.
- Organising and running interactive webinars for apprentices due to be interviewed by EPAO when requested.
- Training and upskilling colleagues in the field of mapping standards and evidence reviews.
- Keeping up to date with apprenticeships and particularly the assessment of them
- Following the standardised format and way in which feedback is provided to apprentices.
- Collaborating with colleagues that work in different parts of the timeline such as;
- Technical coaches (Bootcamp)
- Placement coaches (work placement)
- Devise a plan of action for the circumstance that an apprentice is either referred to or failed by EPAO.
- Apply a version of plagiarism checking for apprentices that work at the same company.
- Meet the Service Level Agreements (SLA) for marking (we have minimum times for each stage of the portfolio); where a SLA cannot be met this must be flagged with the delivery manager asap and a plan put in place.
Our Benefits & Perks
- We have a minimum holiday policy, rather than a maximum. We encourage our team to take at least 30 days a year (excluding UK Bank Holidays), including a Winter and Spring break when we shut down between late December and January, and mid-year for a week. The whole company takes a break, so you’ll have peace of mind in knowing that nobody is working, not just you.
- We embrace holistic health at Makers, where mental health matters and is just as important as physical health, which is why we offer unlimited fully paid wellness leave from day 1.
- Private Medical Insurance (after you’ve been with us for at least 3 months).
- £500 Learning & Development allowance per annum and paid time off dedicated to your training & learning.
- Fully hybrid working from our office located near Spitalfields or at home.
- Join twice-weekly yoga and daily meditation sessions run for the staff and students.
- 20% discount on classes & treatments at Triyoga studios across London.
- Company pension contributions.
- Enhanced parental pay & leave - up to 20 weeks fully paid maternity leave, up to 8 weeks fully paid paternity & secondary caregiver leave, and up to 20 weeks fully paid adoption leave.
- Access to a Perks at Work account which provides access to a range of shopping and other leisure discounts.
We’re building a working environment (and recruitment process) where everyone feels welcome and included - we know we can do a lot better, and we’re committed to learning what more we can do to improve. If reading this job description has given you any doubt about whether you’d feel welcome or included at Makers, first, we’re sorry; and second, we’d really like to hear from you about it, so we don’t do it again.