Partnerships Development Director
Location: Our campus located near Spitalfields (remote for now due to COVID-19) - Flexible or part time working considered
Role Type: Permanent, Full Time (Part time considered)
Salary Bracket: £70,000 - £80,000
Reporting to: Head of Partnerships
Everyone deserves a job they love. At Makers, we retrain people as software developers and kickstart their careers by placing them in tech teams across the UK.
You deserve a job you love, and we’ve got one for you.
Makers is Europe’s first and leading ‘coding bootcamp’ - where career-changers retrain as software developers. Founded in 2013, we’ve helped more than 2,200 people begin a new career in software, building long-term relationships with tech employers big and small.
We’re pretty good at what we do, according to our clients (both developers and employers), industry bodies, the press and the government. We can only get better by working with you.
Makers retrains motivated career changers, and gives forward-thinking enterprise customers a pipeline of smart, diverse and ambitious tech professionals. We do this by helping top applicants acquire skills and behaviours they’ll need for long-term career success before carefully matching them with our clients.
We’re in an exciting period of growth and are looking for a Partnerships Development Director within our commercial partnerships team, which is responsible for securing the partnerships we retain with enterprise companies.
You will drive forward and forge key relationships with CTOs and CIOs.
Success in this role is contributing to building the number of commercial partnerships that in turn helps our Makers graduates secure the best career. You will build relationships with external stakeholders, coaching our clients consultatively and securing meetings to present solutions to their challenges with securing tech talent.
What you’ll be doing
- Ensuring a regular cadence of meetings are secured with decision makers across Makers target clients
- Advocating and scoping leading partnerships on behalf of our clients
- Developing in collaboration with internal stakeholders an implementation / contract delivery plan to ensure smooth handover process to customer success colleagues
- Collaborating with Marketing, Product and Training teams on an ongoing basis to ensure a continuous feedback loop
- Ensuring accurate recording of data within the CRM to support reporting and visibility across teams
What success looks like
Your first month will be a success as you have understood the programmes on offer for enterprise clients and you will have set up meetings with key stakeholders to understand their needs and start to piece together what a partnership might look like.
At month three you will be working effectively with the partnerships managers and client partners and have established best practices and a clear plan on which enterprises will land as clients in the next twelve months. Success will be measured by having a healthy pipeline which shows at least six partnerships landing within the next 3-6 months.
At month six you will be advising us on improvements having fully understood the business and with a handful of new partnerships launched experience of the end to end partnerships process. You will have a clear partnership acquisition plan up to 2023 enabling us to add new and exciting clients to our already impressive client list. Success will be measured by having closed at least four partnerships and having a healthy pipeline which shows at least eight more landing within the next 6-9 months.
Who we’re looking for
- You will have the proven ability to access key industry players (companies and individuals) to generate new leads across relevant industries
- A background in tech (ideally you will have worked with technology or sold a technology product). An ability to write code would be advantageous.
- The proven ability to initiate conversations which lead to six figure deals.
- Analytical skills required to produce data-driven insights to support a disciplined sales process
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Who you are:
- Networked: You have built up a list of tech industry leaders whole trust you and are happy to meet with you
- Performance and results-driven: You've got a proven track record of performance success and influence which has resulted in winning business
- Commercial: You’ve sold to and managed sales processes with large enterprise corporations and know the ropes around best practice when these companies are your clients
- Adaptable: We’re a mature startup moving into a scale up and as a result, you’ll embrace the ebb and flow of changes to the business as it makes this transition
- Feedback: you care a lot about giving and receiving, using this to improve
- Working in a company that's built on trust over fear with a core mission to transform lives;
- Growing as a person, by learning transparency, vulnerability, the growth mindset, emotional intelligence, perhaps some hard truths about yourself, and how to give and receive feedback honestly and productively;
- We have a minimum holiday policy, rather than a maximum. We encourage our team to take at least 30 days a year, including a Winter break when we shut down between late December and January. The whole company takes a break, so you’ll have peace of mind in knowing that nobody is working, not just you.
- We embrace holistic health at Makers, where mental health matters and is just as important as physical health, which is why we offer unlimited fully paid wellness leave from day 1.
- Private Medical Insurance (after you’ve been with us at least 3 months);
- £500 Learning & Development allowance per annum and paid time off dedicated to your training & learning;
- Join twice-weekly yoga and daily meditation sessions run for the staff and students;
- 20% discount on classes & treatments at Triyoga studies across London;
- Company pension contributions;
- Enhanced parental pay & leave - up to 20 weeks fully paid maternity leave, up to 8 weeks fully paid paternity & secondary caregiver leave, and up to 20 weeks fully paid adoption leave.
- Access to a Perks at Work account which provides access to a range of shopping and other leisure discounts;
- Being surrounded by a diverse group of bright, motivated people, who all really care about doing the very best they can for our students, for our hiring partners and for each other.
Apply with your CV, Cover Letter. We’ll review completed applications and get back to you as soon as possible.
If invited to begin the interview process here’s what to expect:
- Initial 30 min call with our Head of Partnerships
- A set task to understand your skill & expertise, and ways of working
- Opportunity to meet with some of the Partnerships team, and a member of the SMT
- Final conversation with our CEO
At offer stage, we’d also be keen to obtain two reference from CTO/CIO connections.
We’re building a working environment (and recruitment process) where everyone feels welcome and included - we know we can do a lot better, and we’re committed to learning what more we can do to improve. If reading this job description has given you any doubt about whether you’d feel welcome or included at Makers, first, we’re sorry; and second, we’d really like to hear from you about it, so we don’t do it again.