Based: Makers HQ, London E1
Reporting to: Head of Operations
Direct reports: TBC, dependent on experience
Everyone deserves a job they love. Makers Academy re-trains people as software developers, then help them find that job.
You deserve a job you love. We’ve got one for you.
The Operations team is growing, and we’re looking for an Operations Manager to establish and improve systems, processes and best practices for operational excellence. The team consists of the Head of Operations, the Operations Assistant, the Office Manager, and soon, you!
There are two overarching remits for the team and for this role. One is operational hygiene: when things break, we fix them, but we also look for upcoming bottlenecks and preemptively make adjustments. The other is to make things better, by finding efficiencies and making a measurable difference to how we work and how we operate as a business. For success in both, you’ll love finding and fixing problems, and get a buzz out of improving people’s working lives.
Success in this role looks like:
- You’re a trusted, effective and versatile member of the Operations team, getting stuff done to a high standard and to deadline
- You’re known for being effortlessly organised and for your approachable and collaborative attitude
- You’re prioritising both unpredictable day-to-day tasks and progress on important longer-term projects
- The wider business doesn’t always realise what could have happened without your foresight and planning.
Things we’re looking for:
- You’ll have experience of working in a fast paced, often ambiguous environment
- You’re data-driven and love to eliminate wasted time and energy with effective and pragmatic solutions
- You’re passionate about creating seamlessly positive human experiences — for our employees, students, and anyone who interacts with our organisation
- You’re great at relationship-building and change management, to drive adoption in the new systems and processes you designed.
- You understand the true value a good Operations function can bring and can articulate your philosophy
What you'll be doing:
Note: Operations is a wide-ranging area with a sometimes daunting amount of variety. If the job description as a whole appeals, we welcome you to apply even if there are specific areas where you don’t have previous experience if you're willing to learn the rest.
Organisational and cross-functional support
- You’ll run onboarding sessions for new employees to acquaint them with company-wide ways of working, software tools, IT setup, and policies and procedures
- You’ll work closely with all other teams in the business, as well as our students, to understand their requirements and devise better ways for their needs to be met
IT & asset management
- You’ll oversee the check in/out process of loaners laptops for students and track the inventory, insurance, and repairs for machines
- You’ll have robust asset management processes in place, and can track all of our high-value hardware and other assets at any point in time
Policies & Compliance
- You’ll lead on a variety of policies and procedures around compliance, including GDPR, data management, insurance, and health & safety
- You’ll keep our “digital paperwork” in order and ensure that our working practices are properly documented, published and adhered to, and kept up to date as needed
- You’ll create and maintain an inspiring physical work and learning environment at both our Aldgate and Clerkenwell locations, responding to staff and student requests
- You’ll keep on top of a regular cadence of building responsibilities, including coordinating with vendors/contractors for cleaning, pest control, security, repairs, and improvements
- You’ll get the most out of our relationship with the management company and landlord for changes to our space and the common areas
- We anticipate a significant office move in 2020, and you’ll be instrumental in delivering this and managing the complexity of the project
- You’ll ensure that any new locations we open deliver a delightful and consistent brand experience to our customers, and that staff in those locations can rely upon seamless facilities management.
Bonus points for:
- Technical experience, anything from IT help desk support to Excel macros to HTML
- Line management experience
- Working in a company that’s built on trust over fear with a core mission to transform lives;
- Growing as a person, by learning transparency, vulnerability, the growth mindset, emotional intelligence, perhaps some hard truths about yourself, and how to give and receive feedback honestly and productively;
- Join weekly yoga and daily meditation sessions run for the staff and students;
- Discounts on classes & treatments at Triyoga Shoreditch;
- Join a scaling company that’s evolving all the time;
- We have a minimum holiday policy, rather than a maximum - we encourage our team to take at least 33 days a year;
- Private Medical Insurance after you've been with us at least 3 months;
- A Perks @Work account for significant discounts on products, experiences and things like gym membership;
- Being surrounded by a diverse group of bright, motivated people, who all really care about doing the very best they can for our students, for our hiring partners and for each others.
Location: Our academy in Commercial Street with some time at our Apprenticeships campus in Clerkenwell
Salary: We’ll offer in the region of £40,000, depending on previous relevant experience