Location: Our campus located near Spitalfields (remote for now due to COVID-19)
Role Type: 6 months FTC, Full Time
Salary Bracket: £30,000 - £32,000
Reporting to: Head of Developer Success
Everyone deserves a job they love.
At Makers, we retrain people as software developers and kickstart their careers by placing them in tech teams across the UK.
You deserve a job you love, and we’ve got one for you.
At Makers, we are inspired by the idea of discovering and unlocking tech skills potential in people for the benefit of business and society. We combine tech education with employment possibilities that transform lives.
Founded in 2013, we’ve helped more than 1,500 people begin a new career in software and have been building long-term relationships with tech employers big and small.
We’re pretty good at what we do, according to our clients (both developers and employers), industry bodies, the press and the government. We can only get better by working with you.
We're looking for an Admissions Manager to join us full-time on a 6 months FTC. As an Admissions Manager you’ll play a central role in selecting the right candidates to join the course through our Bootcamp and Apprenticeship.
- Help deliver the Apprenticeships admissions process from application, interview, and registration
- Fulfill client demand for high-quality apprentices
- Work with key business stakeholders to define new customer journeys from application, selection, matchmaking to course start stages
- Determine candidate wants, needs and desires to fulfill delivery of exceptional experience
- Work closely with our Client Partners to determine hiring partner wants, needs and desires to fulfill delivery of exceptional service
- Day to day customer support for pre, during and post selection of candidates
- Assessing and selecting our apprenticeships and bootcamp applicants
What success looks like
- We have a sustainable process for ongoing Apprenticeships admissions
- Every cohort, we have the right number of high-quality candidates joining our course
- Applicants’ feedback is outstanding, providing each and every one of them with a friendly, responsive and professional experience
- We make great improvements to our admissions’ processes, with some levels of automation
- You’re a collaborative and valued member of the admissions team
Who we’re looking for
- You’ll have customer/client facing experience
- Experience of adapting to sudden changes and requirements
- Creative in problem solving under pressure and working collaboratively whilst doing it
- Some coding knowledge will be beneficial but not essential
- Working in a company that’s built on trust over fear with a core mission to transform lives;
- Growing as a person, by learning transparency, vulnerability, the growth mindset, emotional intelligence, perhaps some hard truths about yourself, and how to give and receive feedback honestly and productively;
- Join twice-weekly yoga and daily meditation sessions run for the staff and students;
- 20% discount on classes & treatments at Triyoga Shoreditch;
- Join a scaling company that’s evolving all the time;
- Company pension contributions;
- We have a minimum holiday policy, rather than a maximum. We encourage our team to take at least 30 days a year, including a Winter break when we shut down between late December and January. The whole company takes a break, so you’ll have peace of mind in knowing that nobody is working, not just you.
- Private Medical Insurance (after you’ve been with us at least 3 months);
- Being surrounded by a diverse group of bright, motivated people, who all really care about doing the very best they can for our students, for our hiring partners and for each other.
If you’re looking to join a team where you’ll learn, grow and make a difference and where you'll be heard and valued - get in touch.
- Apply with a cover letter (and, ideally, CV/LinkedIn);
- We’ll review completed applications and get back to you within a week
- Interview process - dates to be confirmed:
- Interview with Head of Developer Success, our current Admissions Manager and a member of Course Sales.
- Practical Task: Shortlisting applicants for an apprenticeship client.
- Final interview with Head of Developer Success, Admissions Manager and a rep from SMT
We’re building a working environment (and recruitment process) where everyone feels welcome and included - we know we can do a lot better, and we’re committed to learning what more we can do to improve. If reading this job description has given you any doubt about whether you’d feel welcome or included at Makers, first, we’re sorry; and second, we’d really like to hear from you about it, so we don’t do it again.