Quality & Compliance Assistant
Location: Our campus located near Spitalfields (remote for now due to COVID-19)
Role Type: Permanent, Full Time
Salary Bracket: £24,000 - £25,000
Reporting to: Quality & Compliance Manager
Everyone deserves a job they love. At Makers, we retrain people as software developers and kickstart their careers by placing them in tech teams across the UK.
You deserve a job you love, and we’ve got one for you.
Makers is Europe’s first and leading ‘coding bootcamp’ - where career-changers retrain as software developers. Founded in 2013, we’ve helped more than 2,200 people begin a new career in software, building long-term relationships with tech employers big and small.
We’re pretty good at what we do, according to our clients (both developers and employers), industry bodies, the press and the government. We can only get better by working with you.
We’re excited to be looking for a Quality and Compliance Assistant to help us implement continuous improvements across our quality and compliance processes. You’ll work closely with the Quality and Compliance Manager to gather evidence for our regulators, maintain and audit files and work alongside people from across the business on large scale compliance projects.
What you’ll be doing
Administration and Data
- Supporting the company in gathering evidence or practices to support quality of teaching, learning & assessment, ensuring compliance with key regulators, including the ESFA and Ofsted
- Verification of apprentices English and maths certificates and submission of international qualifications for conversion
- Proactively ensuring that apprentice evidence files are kept up to date and are always ‘audit ready’
- Use and maintenance of relevant systems such as Bud, Airtable and ACE360 to support operational compliance, planning, delivery, and monitoring
- Supporting the quality and compliance manager with the administration of the company’s monthly data returns
Internal Audits and Reporting
- Undertaking process reviews and audits of quality and compliance processes across the company
- Supporting the design, development and implementation of quality management systems and quality and compliance standard operating procedures
- Implementing and reporting on compliance through internal audit of apprenticeship files, systems and procedures
- Supporting internal quality assurance processes to meet awarding body & other external quality requirements
- Supporting the provision of up-to-date records of all quality processes & driving the timely achievement of identified actions from our quality and compliance meetings
Supporting the Team
- Working as a team to ensure compliance is administered in line with regulatory requirements
- Flagging concerns with other teams such as admissions, placement coaches and FinOps where necessary
- Investigating and replying to compliance queries from across the business
What success looks like
Success in this role looks like:
- Our evidence files are exemplary and are audit ready at all times
- The team has a good understanding of quality and compliance processes and how they work at Makers
- Our policies and processes are compliant with the regulations set by our funders and awarding bodies
Who we’re looking for
- Team-orientated: You’re a team player who’s willing to get stuck in and help out on projects across the team that drive Makers forward.
- Meticulous: You have a real eye for detail, are precise and you undertake everything you do with necessary care and attention.
- Ambitious: You thrive in scenarios where you’re given big goals and lots of independence.
- Organised: You work well under pressure and deliver projects before the deadline. You can prioritise and manage a range of tasks at once.
- Passionate: You’re passionate about helping us transform lives. You’re dedicated to supporting and delighting our students, apprentices and hiring partners.
- Working in a company that's built on trust over fear with a core mission to transform lives;
- Growing as a person, by learning transparency, vulnerability, the growth mindset, emotional intelligence, perhaps some hard truths about yourself, and how to give and receive feedback honestly and productively;
- We have a minimum holiday policy, rather than a maximum. We encourage our team to take at least 30 days a year, including a Winter break when we shut down between late December and January. The whole company takes a break, so you’ll have peace of mind in knowing that nobody is working, not just you.
- We embrace holistic health at Makers, where mental health matters and is just as important as physical health, which is why we offer unlimited fully paid wellness leave from day 1.
- Private Medical Insurance (after you’ve been with us at least 3 months);
- £500 Learning & Development allowance per annum and paid time off dedicated to your training & learning;
- Join twice-weekly yoga and daily meditation sessions run for the staff and students;
- 20% discount on classes & treatments at Triyoga studies across London;
- Company pension contributions;
- Enhanced parental pay & leave - up to 20 weeks fully paid maternity leave, up to 8 weeks fully paid paternity & secondary caregiver leave, and up to 20 weeks fully paid adoption leave.
- Access to a Perks at Work account which provides access to a range of shopping and other leisure discounts;
- Being surrounded by a diverse group of bright, motivated people, who all really care about doing the very best they can for our students, for our hiring partners and for each other.
Apply with your CV and cover letter, we’ll review completed applications and get back to you as soon as possible. If successful, here’s what to expect from the interview process:
- Initial 20 minute video call with our Quality & Compliance Manager
- 45 minute remote interview with the Quality & Compliance Manager and our Director of Delivery
We’re building a working environment (and recruitment process) where everyone feels welcome and included - we know we can do a lot better, and we’re committed to learning what more we can do to improve. If reading this job description has given you any doubt about whether you’d feel welcome or included at Makers, first, we’re sorry; and second, we’d really like to hear from you about it, so we don’t do it again.