Admissions Manager (Selection Coach)
Location: Our campus located near Spitalfields (remote for now due to COVID-19)
Role Type: Permanent, Full Time
Salary Bracket: £25,000 - £32,000
Reporting to: Head of Developer Success, Developer Success Team
Everyone deserves a job they love. At Makers, we retrain people as software developers and kickstart their careers by placing them in tech teams across the UK.
You deserve a job you love, and we’ve got one for you.
Makers is Europe’s first and leading ‘coding bootcamp’ - where career-changers retrain as software developers. Founded in 2013, we’ve helped more than 2,200 people begin a new career in software, building long-term relationships with tech employers big and small.
We’re pretty good at what we do, according to our clients (both developers and employers), industry bodies, the press and the government. We can only get better by working with you.
We’re looking for a new Selection Coach to join our Developer Success team as we prepare to change more lives through our apprenticeships, pathway, and bootcamp opportunities. This role, enabled by our scale, is dedicated to selecting the right candidates for our apprenticeship, pathway and bootcamp opportunities. You’ll do this through technical and cultural assessment to ensure we maintain the high developer quality Makers is known for.
What you’ll be doing
- Help deliver the Apprenticeships admissions process from application, interview, registration and compliance on boarding
- Fulfill client demand for high-quality apprentices and pathway/accelerator developers
- Work with key business stakeholders to define new customer journeys from application, selection, matchmaking to course start stages
- Determine candidate wants, needs and desires to fulfill delivery of exceptional experience
- Work closely with our Partnerships Team & Client Partners to determine hiring partner wants, needs and desires to fulfill delivery of exceptional service
- Day to day customer support for pre, during and post selection of candidates
- Assessing and selecting our apprenticeships and pathway applicants
- Accommodating and creating bespoke timeline around HP needs
- Maintaining and keeping warm a pool of applicants
- Completing full duties around the administering of an admissions process e.g. landing pages, workflows, communication, pipeline management, longlist/shortlist
- Complete all onboarding compliance for developers
- Escalate all safeguarding concerns to the relevant parties
- Take responsibility for individual CPD and development
- Attendance & participation at company wide and team meetings
What success looks like
Success in this role looks like:
- We have a sustainable process for ongoing admissions
- Every cohort, we have the right number of high-quality candidates joining our course
- Applicants’ feedback is outstanding, providing each and every one of them with a friendly, responsive and professional experience
- We make great improvements to our admissions’ processes, with some levels of automation
- You’re a collaborative and valued member of the team
At Makers we’re proud of our environment which is built on trust over fear with a core mission to transform lives. We value growing as a person, by learning transparency, vulnerability, the growth mindset, emotional intelligence, perhaps some hard truths about yourself, and how to give and receive feedback honestly and productively. We care about being surrounded by a diverse group of bright, motivated people, who all really care about doing the very best they can for our students, for our hiring partners and for each other.
- We have a minimum holiday policy, rather than a maximum. We encourage our team to take at least 30 days a year, including a Winter break when we shut down between late December and January. The whole company takes a break, so you’ll have peace of mind in knowing that nobody is working, not just you.
- We embrace holistic health at Makers, where mental health matters and is just as important as physical health, which is why we offer unlimited fully paid wellness leave from day 1.
- Private Medical Insurance (after you’ve been with us at least 3 months);
- £500 Learning & Development allowance per annum and paid time off dedicated to your training & learning;
- Join twice-weekly yoga and daily meditation sessions run for the staff and students;
- 20% discount on classes & treatments at Triyoga studies across London;
- Company pension contributions;
- Enhanced parental pay & leave - up to 20 weeks fully paid maternity leave, up to 8 weeks fully paid paternity & secondary caregiver leave, and up to 20 weeks fully paid adoption leave.
- Access to a Perks at Work account which provides access to a range of shopping and other leisure discounts;
Apply with your CV, and Cover Letter, explaining why you feel you would be a great fit for this role.
We’ll review completed applications and get back to you as soon as possible. If invited to begin the interview process here’s what to expect:
- Phone screen with our Head of Developer Success or Director of Delivery
- 1 hour interview with some of our Developer Success Team
We’re building a working environment (and recruitment process) where everyone feels welcome and included - we know we can do a lot better, and we’re committed to learning what more we can do to improve. If reading this job description has given you any doubt about whether you’d feel welcome or included at Makers, first, we’re sorry; and second, we’d really like to hear from you about it, so we don’t do it again.